clown trigger stopped eating

mauler

My clown trigger stopped eating last night. He was also swimming weird he was kinda wobbly and would occasionally bump into the rocks he also would drag his belly on the sand. This morning he seems to have control of himself now but he's still not interested in food. Any ideas?

mauler

I just got home and now he's eating everything in sight so I'm not sure what happened to him last night my guess is he had to much fish beer

trigger40

actually trigger fish do need to burp sometimes! its unhealthy but they do it. if you feed your trigger fish floating food they will swallow air sometimes. this is because of trigger's special mouth. they are not meant to come to the surface and eat.

trigger40

and yes it will cause this behavior in your trigger. this is why i feed my trigger with tongs. im not sure if that is the cause of this strange behavior but it is am idea. keep up the good work with the feeding!

mauler

He's weird I can hand feed him if I don't look at him but the second I look he swims away and I'm to scared to hand feed him without looking