Clown Trigger

carter3

Is a 90 too small for a Clown Trigger? I just bought him and I have a 55g and someone is selling a 90g for a great price. If not what else could I put with it ? How long can he stay in the 55?
I know I have a lot of question I just want to do this right.

ophiura

Yes, a 90 is far too small for a clown trigger long term. I would aim for a 200g, minimum, to keep one long term. How long it can stay in the 55 depends on the size and your other inhabitants. A 90g, IMO, would not buy you much additional time.

carter3

That sucks! He's the only one my maroon clown just died. I guess he has to go back I have this bad habit of eating and a 200 is just to much $$$
thanks

nastrodamous

im tahing it hes in a 55 by his self then since the maroon died!!
sorry to hear by the way!!
id say in there alone hed be good for at least 6 months to a year but i wouldnt do any longer than that shouldnt that be enough time for you to save up about 600 bucks for a 265 gl tank
thats about 12.00 dollars a week for a year you can handle it man!!!

carter3

I should be able to upgrade in a year but not now. I have a kid graduating that means senior pictures, prom,luncheon,graduation,and a car oh yeah I forgot COLLEGE!
I don't know a about a 220 but I could do a 125 I live in an apartment

kjr_trig

Originally Posted by carter3
http:///forum/post/2509597
I should be able to upgrade in a year but not now. I have a kid graduating that means senior pictures, prom,luncheon,graduation,and a car oh yeah I forgot COLLEGE!
I don't know a about a 220 but I could do a 125 I live in an apartment
Clown Triggers not only get big they can get very aggressive, the smaller the tank, likely the more aggressive, sorry but I agree with Ophiura, this is a Trigger that should have at least
200 gallons by the time they reach adulthood.

2batrigger

Originally Posted by kjr_trig
http:///forum/post/2509619
Clown Triggers not only get big they can get very aggressive, the smaller the tank, likely the more aggressive, sorry but I agree with Ophiura, this is a Trigger that should have at least
200 gallons by the time they reach adulthood.
Minimum acceptable tank size even for an adult would be in that 125 range. Bigger is always better but many many books and other people say a 125 is minimum for an adult clown. As for tank mates. a lunar wrasse will hold it's own, a larger tang would be good like a powder blue or a purple tang or a sailfin tang. Many groupers would be good as well like a v-tail or a porcupine puffer. I had to keep one in a 90 gallon longer than i wanted to because of money constraints and it reach 8 inches in there and was fine till i got the bigger tank.