Clown trying to move LTA?

deton8it

One of my Gold stripe Maroon clowns keeps swimming under my LTA, putting her nose on the LTA and swimming as hard as she can. It looks like she is trying to push the LTA somewhere else. Has anyone ever seen this? Is it normal? My LTA moved 2 weeks ago, buried its foot in the sand and has been happy ever since. My clown in the other hand looks like it doesn't like the new location. Its actually kind of frustrating because the clown is kicking up ALOT of sand. It has dug a hole all the way around the LTA.
John

deton8it

My LTA is almost totally out of the sand bed now. Should I push the sand back in place? Why would my clowns do this?

spanko

Apparantly the nasty little bugger ( and make no mistake maroons are some of the nastiest clowns) sees the nem horning in on its territory and doesn't like it.
Let me ask you this, what makes you think you will solve anything by pushing the sand back around it? The clown will not stop until it feels like doing so. I would think that eventually the nem will "decide" it doesn't like where it is an move on its own, unless the clown kills it first.

deton8it

Its not a territory issue. I bought the LTA and both clowns together at one of the LFS here. They were paired up when I got them. Both clowns spend the majority of the day in the LTA. I went back to the LFS yesterday (they were having a sale, 20% off all corals and fish) and they told me its normal. They said its just the clown keeping the area around the LTA clean. The LTA buried its foot deeper in the sand last night. Its not going anywhere (I hope).
Thanks for the reply though. I was starting to wonder if people actually read these posts.
John

spanko

Had not heard this before, but if you are okay with that explanation cool. Just keep your eyes on things.

cipher43

when the clowns i have don't like where i put my corals or if i don't glue down a rock right away they will push it off which scares me being they will push really big rocks off toward the glass.