Clown with cotton spots...help!!!

cmbarnes10

I have been looking at pictures and trying to figure out what one of my clown fish got a hold of. I have two false perculas and a yellow clown goby(I had a royal gramma but it got stuck in the rockwork and died:( ) and only one clown has spots on it. At first I thought it was ich but he has only two spots and it is cotton like and puffy so I do ot think it is ich...I don't know what to do...

oceanblue1

Originally Posted by cmbarnes10
I have been looking at pictures and trying to figure out what one of my clown fish got a hold of. I have two false perculas and a yellow clown goby(I had a royal gramma but it got stuck in the rockwork and died:( ) and only one clown has spots on it. At first I thought it was ich but he has only two spots and it is cotton like and puffy so I do ot think it is ich...I don't know what to do...
Do not worry all U need is a cleaner Shrimp or 2 they can and will clean off all disease off all your fish with no problem and the fish love it The fish will let them at night more than eny other time. I hope that can help U. Ive had a REEF tank for about 5 years now the cute little 2 red striped on the back cleaner shrim have never let me down. They will evan eat Parasites off of your fish and beleave me Parasites can be very bad if not taken care of. But no wories cleaner shrimp to the rescue!!! : ) signed: oceanblue1 write if you like ... : )

teviesfish

yeppers!!! you are so right. I got ick on one of my fishes and the cleaners are chowing down... my fish love it and beg to be cleaned all day long!!!!

hatessushi

It sounds like the white cottonly spots are what my clown had. It turns out it was probably Lymphocyctis caused by stress. He had it the day after I got him and for about 2 weeks and is now gone. All I really had to do was make sure the water was good and fed regularly with food soaked in garlic and vitamin.

cmbarnes10

Originally Posted by sepulatian
Does it look kind of like this?
Yes, but there are only three spots and they are a it bigger.

cmbarnes10

Originally Posted by oceanblue1
Do not worry all U need is a cleaner Shrimp or 2 they can and will clean off all disease off all your fish with no problem and the fish love it The fish will let them at night more than eny other time. I hope that can help U. Ive had a REEF tank for about 5 years now the cute little 2 red striped on the back cleaner shrim have never let me down. They will evan eat Parasites off of your fish and beleave me Parasites can be very bad if not taken care of. But no wories cleaner shrimp to the rescue!!! : ) signed: oceanblue1 write if you like ... : )
I have one cleaner and the clown won't let him clean him...how long would it take if he is cleaning and I don't see it???

cmbarnes10

Originally Posted by HatesSushi
It sounds like the white cottonly spots are what my clown had. It turns out it was probably Lymphocyctis caused by stress. He had it the day after I got him and for about 2 weeks and is now gone. All I really had to do was make sure the water was good and fed regularly with food soaked in garlic and vitamin.
My water is good and I feed it frozen brine shrimp but I will have to check to see if it has garlic in it...thanks...trying to get a good pic to ut up of it..

sepulatian

Originally Posted by cmbarnes10
My water is good and I feed it frozen brine shrimp but I will have to check to see if it has garlic in it...thanks...trying to get a good pic to ut up of it..
Brine shrimp has little to no nutritional value. It is ok for a treat, but should not be considered part of the main diet. Formula foods are good because they are a mixture of different kinds of foods. You should have a variety of nutritional food that you rotate daily all soaked in vitamines (Zoe, Selcon, Vitachem and Garlic Extreme are all good) By feeding your fish highly nutritious foods they will have a strong immune system and be able to fight off disease.