Clownfish acting like Nemo????

ryenye

I thought I would just post this and see if anybody else has this problem. I have two clownfish in my 180 that at least once a week, they take turns, they jump into the overflows and I have to net them out. I think I am going to have to put some kind of grate around, not on top, of the overflows to bounce them back into the main tank. Anybody else have characters like this?

sharkbait09

HES TRYING TO ESCAP!!!!!!!!!
p.s. do you ever play finding nemo in the room they are in that could be how they got the idea? lol!!!!

lmecher

My juvinelle perc does this on a regular basis, I just get the net, it is a pain in the ***. I just don't know where it thinks it's going to go
. Its funny though, we just watched finding nemo this afternoon, that was a very realsitic animated movie, never get tired of it.

ryenye

Well, before I could fix the problem, I got home yesterday and found both of them lying on the floor behind the aquarium. I guess they missed the overflow this time :( pretty bummed.

monalisa

Originally Posted by ryenye
http:///forum/post/3047632
Well, before I could fix the problem, I got home yesterday and found both of them lying on the floor behind the aquarium. I guess they missed the overflow this time :( pretty bummed.
Oooo, that stinks. Be sure next time to have some egg crate cut to size over your tank to cut down on the possibility of jumpers being successful. You can find it in the lighting section of any Menard's or Home Depot...places like that. Sorry about your little clowns.
Lisa

B

bigtankbigfish

my male black clarkii jumped in the the HOB skimmer awhile back. I thought he was dead for 2 days before I noticed something dark moving in the media chamber. When I dumped him back in the tank his girlfriend, the female, literally did circles in the tanks for 5 minutes then proceeded to "yell" at him and nip him in the butt a few times. It was the most human like interaction between fish Ive ever seen. My girl was cracking up saying it served him right for leaving her for 2 days