Clownfish acting weird

xxxespoxxx

Just bought a FPC at the LFS....did the normal procedure aclimating him to my tank and he's the only one in there other then a very small blue damsel..and now for the last couple hours he's just been chillen in the corner by my filter...i put food also and he does go for it....so should i be worried

srgvigil

I would say that you shouldn't worry. Just keep an eye on him
If he's eating thats good.
Hey you might not have to get an anemone (you dont need one by the way to have a clownfish) because he may be hosting the chiller

xxxespoxxx

He's still the same he chased the damsel once i seen... i got the joke and lets hope not and i do think the system we have would be a great home for a anemone just when the time is right

srgvigil

I'll just answer the question before you ask it if you dont know already
No... PC lighting is not good enough for an anemone

xxxespoxxx

Fish is doing great now he's all over the tank...just weird for some reason at night when i turn the lights out he still like 's to chill by the filter....anywayz aslong as he's healthy...any1 know if my lighting system is healthy for an anemone

perfectdark

Originally Posted by xXxEsPoxXx
http:///forum/post/2607938
Fish is doing great now he's all over the tank...just weird for some reason at night when i turn the lights out he still like 's to chill by the filter....anywayz aslong as he's healthy...any1 know if my lighting system is healthy for an anemone
From the first day and up to 3 days after the fish was placed into your tank is typically the acclimation time needed for it to get acustom to its new surroundings. It picked a spot it felt safe in. Now it is somewhat comfortable with your tank and has ventured out to check things out. At night, well thats where it has choosen to sleep, it likes the security of your chiller. And depending on the height of your tank and species of anemone your interested in keeping, yes the nova extremes or the pros can be good enough.

xxxespoxxx

Originally Posted by PerfectDark
http:///forum/post/2607955
From the first day and up to 3 days after the fish was placed into your tank is typically the acclimation time needed for it to get acustom to its new surroundings. It picked a spot it felt safe in. Now it is somewhat comfortable with your tank and has ventured out to check things out. At night, well thats where it has choosen to sleep, it likes the security of your chiller. And depending on the height of your tank and species of anemone your interested in keeping, yes the nova extremes or the pros can be good enough.
Thanks...I was a bit worried the other guy sorta made me feel that my lights weren't strong enough...now hearing that I just can't wait maybe I'll pick up something this weekend....any recommendations on any anemones for my FPC