Clownfish hosting clam

member007

Wow... This is crazy!!! Well my clown is pretty small and my clam is probably about 3-4 inches. So far the clam is not big enough for him to swim inside it.

candycane

As long as the clam seems to be "adapting" to it, then I wouldn't be concerned. If the clam seems bothered by it, then it might be time to take out the clownfish. But I constantly see gobies sit directly on clam mantles and the clams couldn't seem to care less. If it is bothered, it will constantly be trying to flip the fish away or open and closing really quick.

member007

Originally Posted by candycane
http:///forum/post/2726350
As long as the clam seems to be "adapting" to it, then I wouldn't be concerned. If the clam seems bothered by it, then it might be time to take out the clownfish. But I constantly see gobies sit directly on clam mantles and the clams couldn't seem to care less. If it is bothered, it will constantly be trying to flip the fish away or open and closing really quick.
Clam stays open so I think it should be ok... Thanks for the info!

iyachtuxivm

I have the same issue. The clam seems ok with it. I am waiting for theday the dumb clown trys to force his way inside

1journeyman

I had a male clown "host" my clam for several days. Never understood why the clam didn't close on him and crush him, as it would close anytime a fish swam near... eventually my female clown let him move into their anemone.