Clownfish Recommendation

darthgoby

I'm thinking about adding a clownfish to my tank and would like some recommendations. I have a mini-puffer, a yellow tang, and a couple of chromis in a 55 gallon tank.
I'm looking for something a little different from the Oscellaris and Percula clownfish. I was looking at either the Clarkiis, a Tomato, or a Maroon. I would probably only get one but might get two. Anyone have any suggestions?

wangotango

maroons can get agressive sometimes, and i think that tomatos can only be kept singly or in a group, but im not 100% sure. black and white ocellaris would be cool.
-Justin

joojoo

My favorite is the Gold Striped Maroon. If you want 2 though, this is the hardest species to pair up.

darthgoby

Aren't Maroons really aggressive? I don't want something that is hiding the whole time but I also don't want a terror in the tank.

barchtruong

get a black with white stripes clown. That's the coolest thing.
false percular is the most typical one. and cheapest.

anonome

Hate to burst everyones bubble, (as far as the maroon having an attitude) but my cinnamon clown is a holy terror to....me. Does very well with the fish, except if they get too close to her anenome. Two of my tangs have nips out of their tails.
If I put my hand in the tank to rearrange a coral, or clean the side walls, then BAM she attacks me. Even if I am no where near the anenome!!! She hates me!!! Go figure, I am the one that feeds her.
Beautiful fish, and blends in well with the RBTA she hosts, but a mean son of a gun. Thank goodness for aqua gloves!!
Remember, they are in the damsel family.....

rbaldino

Originally Posted by Anonome
Hate to burst everyones bubble, (as far as the maroon having an attitude) but my cinnamon clown is a holy terror to....me. Does very well with the fish, except if they get too close to her anenome. Two of my tangs have nips out of their tails.
If I put my hand in the tank to rearrange a coral, or clean the side walls, then BAM she attacks me. Even if I am no where near the anenome!!! She hates me!!! Go figure, I am the one that feeds her.
Beautiful fish, and blends in well with the RBTA she hosts, but a mean son of a gun. Thank goodness for aqua gloves!!
Remember, they are in the damsel family.....
My tomato does this as well, but it never really hurts.