clowns and seahorses

rasta979

so i am wondering...can clowns and sea horses co-exisit? i ask this before i do anything with my tank. i have read here at this site and others that sea horses are best left to there own, but i have a recolection of them being in a tank with other fish somewhere sometime in the past (fog rolls in, strings start to play LOL) if someone could inpart their wisdom in this matter it would be greatly apreciated! oh one more thing i was going to also add a sand sifting snail and a cleaner shrimp for good measure...thanks again!
the fng
ross

moopiespoo

I have read that any fish semi-aggressive shold not be kept with seahorses because they will compete for food. I have only had percs in the past but IMO they are far to aggressive. Maybe other clown species are different?

S

slofish

WELCOME TO SWF.COM
From what ive heard. Sea horse gotta stay with sea horses only.

jedininja

Seahorses are extremely slow eaters and usually wait until thier food passes near them. Most fishes are hungry little guys and will finish off food before a seahorse can even react to the feeding.
Are you new to saltwater? If so, I would highly reccomend not kepping seahorses yet. They are one of the more diffult creatures to keep and they are extremely sensitive to bad water conditions.

jake22

False percs and pink skunk clowns can be kept with seahorses aslong as you make sure the seahorses get fed. I used to keep a pair of false percs with my sea horses untill the take crashed after like 1year and a half do to power failure.

killafins

Seahorses have to be kept alone as a same species. If you want to add more fish, add a cleanershrimp, pipe fish or a mandarin. besides that is pushing it. i wrote an article earlier this year about seahorses for the fish of the week, do a search on it... FOTW: SEAHORSES