Clowns Getting Lazy?

lefty

Hello everyone,
I've had my two Ocellaris clownfish for about a year and a half. They reside in a 29g with two cleaner shrimp. When I first got them, they were very active and would play in the current caused by the powerheads and would seem to utilize just about every inch of the tank. Now, they only stay at the bottom of the tank and will only come up when it's feeding time. They spend probably 80% of their time in a back corner of the tank. Is this normal behavior for my clowns? They just seem to be a lot less active than they used to be. I do water changes regularly and my water parameters are all in place. Thanks in advance!
-lefty

bigarn

They tend to stake out a small area of the tank as their territory ... do you have any corals back there that they could have accepted as a host? How long have they been doing this? Another possibility is they're protecting eggs.

lefty

There aren't any corals, just live rock. They've dug a couple little burrows around that area that they stay in a lot of the time. I'd say they've been doing this for the better part of a year. As time goes on it seems like their activity keeps decreasing and decreasing. I don't think I thought anything of it for awhile since it was so gradual. I've looked for eggs but never seen any. They seem healthy to me, I'm just a bit baffled by their behavior change. I used to love watching them play in the powerhead currents. They still follow me around the tank though :)
-lefty

bigarn

As long as they're healthy I wouldn't worry .... who knows, maybe they'll change their behavior pattern again.