Clowns hosting Frogspawn

thamobster

Hey everyone...after dealing with a huge hair algae outbreak I redid my tank and got some great corals. One being frogspawn. I have 2 percula clowns in the tank and they have come to like the frogspawn and every now and then I see them sliding onto it. Is this regular? And is it ok if the clowns host the frogspawn? I don't want it to get stressed b/c it's a big 5 branch piece. Thanks for any help.

lion_crazz

I think your situation may be a problem more sooner than later. Frogspawns/hammers/torches usually get stressed out when clowns begin to host in them, causing them to not open as frequently. For now, I would just keep an eye on the frogspawn and if it still opens up fully, I would not worry about it.

T

tizzo

I have a frogspawn hosting my clown and so far it's posed no threat. I think the skeleton of the FS beats up the clown more than the clown stresses it!! But it still opens fully and is doing well.

blazehok68

my per actually hosts my flowerpot. shes been doing this for a while and within the past month or so the flowerpot just doesnt open as much. then the other day i noticed that the flowerpot actually didnt open at all and many of the polyps had died off. so...in conclusion you probably might see some effects to the frogspawn in the long run. i dont know every situation is different though. hth
joe

thamobster

Hey. thanks everyone. I have had the tank runnin about 7 months now...I just got the FS a couple of days ago. its doin great so if my clowns do seem to bother it then I will have to get BTA and see if they go to that first. Should I add any supplements in my tank? I have the FS and branching hammer and as of now they are full and open and look great. I wasnt sure if I should add iodide and calcium or if they are fine how they are. I was also wondering if any one feeds their hammers or frogspawn. I was reading that some people recommend it and others say you do not need to, so any response would be great. thanks.

euphoria

I have a clown hosting my bubble coral and the b.c seems to be doing ok. I'm sure it would open up more if it was left alone, but even in my situation it opens up to a pretty good size. The clown just never stops rubbing it's

[hr]
on the bubble coral.

S

smartorl

This thread is over 5 years old! Blaze hasn't posted here in several years.