clowns

btldreef

1) clowns do not host, anemones do
2) the type of anemone you have is not a typical host of the type of clowns you have
3) some clowns accept hosting anemones, while others never do. Some can be trained to as well but I wouldn't try this with the anemone variety you have. Some say wild clowns are more likely to accept an anemone, but I haven't had trouble with either. I've found that its more about having the correct anemone species.

mr. limpid

Your anemone looks like a Haitian which is very common one. There sting is very strong not a common anemone ocellaris clowns prefer. Not saying they wont, just your chances are slim. I to always want my clowns to use an anemone as a host. So went to LFS and found one that was already hosting and bought them together. Put them in my tank and for about 6 months the clown wouldn't go near the anemone. Then one day it went in, it was so cool to see him move among the tentacles. But he would never leave it only to eat and then right back in. I missed him swimming around the tank. So basically you cant have clown and see him swim too, once he found an anemone.