Co2 Scrubber not working help!!!!!

pirates

I got a scrubber because my ph is 7.8 when i ran a hose out the window from my skimmer my ph is 8.8 then when to 8.2 and stayed there now i have my scrubber and it is 7.8 air is coming out of scrubber so i do don't no what is wrong??? My CORALS ARE DYING!!!!!! Thanks

flower

I was really hoping someone with turf scrubber know how would chime in…My PH was low just like you are saying, I buffer my top off water with some reef builder..just a pinch and it keep everything stable.

posiden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower http:///forum/thread/382672/co2-scrubber-not-working-help#post_3341343

I was really hoping someone with turf scrubber know how would chime in…My PH was low just like you are saying, I buffer my top off water with some reef builder..just a pinch and it keep everything stable.
If I'm not mistaken he's talking about a CO2 scrubber for his skimmer. It removes all the CO2 in the air, going into the skimmer.
I don't know anything about them, sorry. If, I was to take a wild stab at it. I would say that CO2 isn't the issue here. A lack of O2 is the problem. The Co2 scrubber is probably doing what its supposed to do. I say this cause when you run the skimmer intake outside and all is fine. Open up some windows in your house. Are you burning a fire in Ohio???

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posiden http:///forum/thread/382672/co2-scrubber-not-working-help#post_3341378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower
http:///forum/thread/382672/co2-scrubber-not-working-help#post_3341343

If I'm not mistaken he's talking about a CO2 scrubber for his skimmer. It removes all the CO2 in the air, going into the skimmer.
I don't know anything about them, sorry. If, I was to take a wild stab at it. I would say that CO2 isn't the issue here. A lack of O2 is the problem. The Co2 scrubber is probably doing what its supposed to do. I say this cause when you run the skimmer intake outside and all is fine. Open up some windows in your house. Are you burning a fire in Ohio???
no Fire's

acrylic51

A real dumb suggestion!!!!!! If your PH was 8.8 and then 8.2 can I ask what you were using to measure your PH? When are you measuring your PH as well??
Another dumb suggestion or thought. If the line running outdoors brought your PH to 8.2, they why not use that method?????

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///forum/thread/382672/co2-scrubber-not-working-help#post_3341577
A real dumb suggestion!!!!!! If your PH was 8.8 and then 8.2 can I ask what you were using to measure your PH? When are you measuring your PH as well??
Another dumb suggestion or thought. If the line running outdoors brought your PH to 8.2, they why not use that method?????

Okay, not a dumb suggestion i am testing with api test kit and after 4 hours and right when the mh are ready to go off i try to test the same time so that i can get accuracy testing. I am testing two time a day just to see. okay if i do that i have a hose running all the way through my kitchen and i can not shut my window i have to put a towel in the window so that cool air does not come in it gets cool fast with the window open LoL and i did think of doing that but it does not look good with a hose ran through almost every room. Plus the skimmer its harder to get air in i have to turn up the skimmer and i do not think that it works as well. The hose has to be long i think to long i even upped the sized of the hose as it was going out the window in hopes of getting more air in. Think that i have lost my brain coral

here is a pic of the coral it looks worse in real life then the pic the pic looks better

acrylic51

Another dumb suggestion!!!! Do you have an air pump and some extra line? You said you test 2 times a day.... Are you testing about mid day meaning 3-4 hours into your light cycle or what? Are you testing a period after your lights are out? Are you running a sump and Fuge?

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///forum/thread/382672/co2-scrubber-not-working-help#post_3341661
Another dumb suggestion!!!! Do you have an air pump and some extra line? You said you test 2 times a day.... Are you testing about mid day meaning 3-4 hours into your light cycle or what? Are you testing a period after your lights are out? Are you running a sump and Fuge?
Okay, yes i do have a air pump and extra line. Yes i test 2 times a day yes 4 hours after the mh come on not the t5's but the mh and just right when the Mh light are getting to go off Not the t5's
I have tested when the lights are off its stays the same. I do have a sump fuge the lights are on when the dt is not and lights are not on when the dt is on

J

jstdv8

Flower, like posiden said Co2 scrubbers are totally different from turf scrubbers. i have no clue about co2 scrubbers or even how they work.
Sorry

acrylic51

Looks like the brain is receding.....Take your air pump and line and blow air into the water in the sump. I know it will increase your redox potential, but curious is you'll see an increase in your PH from trying to over saturate the water with oxygen.....Worth a shot.

J

jstdv8

I don't know if this helps in this instance, but you are getting good surface aggitation in the DT right? got the powerhaeds positioned so that you have loads of ripples on the surface?

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstdv8 http:///forum/thread/382672/co2-scrubber-not-working-help#post_3341740
I don't know if this helps in this instance, but you are getting good surface aggitation in the DT right? got the powerhaeds positioned so that you have loads of ripples on the surface?
yes there is a lot of water movement in the dt and big time in the sump fuge. Now if i would do the air pump the pump would have to be outside so that there would be good air. If i put the air pump in the house i am putting back in bad air. I can put the pump out side but not for the long haul. I did try doing the air in the house and outside the outside air 8.2 inside air 7.8
!!!!!!!!!! LoL

acrylic51

Honestly I understand what your saying, but I would still try to super saturate the sump water by injecting excess air into the sump....But I understand your ordeal with not wanting to drill the house for an air line, but I did the same thing in my garage wall for the skimmer on the 240.....bad thing is I used 3/8" tubing not 1/4"

pirates

Quote:
Originally Posted by acrylic51 http:///forum/thread/382672/co2-scrubber-not-working-help#post_3341930
Honestly I understand what your saying, but I would still try to super saturate the sump water by injecting excess air into the sump....But I understand your ordeal with not wanting to drill the house for an air line, but I did the same thing in my garage wall for the skimmer on the 240.....bad thing is I used 3/8" tubing not 1/4"

LoL Yes i would have to use 3/8 1/2 ID thats a big hole and were i would have to put he hole is not good for me would look bad plus like i said i do not want a hole just a hose
LoL

posiden

What does anybody think about taking shop O2 and bubbling it slowly into the tank. I'm talking about Oxygen for an Oxy Acetylene torch. I use this O2 in my beer making.
EDIT;
I TAKE NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ILL DAMAGE THAT MAY RESULT IN MISS USE OF OXYGEN. HANDLE WITH CARE. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED.