Colt or Kenya Coral

al&burke

I think my brain is going, I forget if the guy at the LFS said this was a colt or Kenya. I like the color.

meowzer

I have looked at this over and over....LOL....can you get a close pic of the polyps? I can't get the pic bigger

1guydude

KENYA!
I dont have any leathers but i think its a kenya tree...ive got the same coral and the same color! They also are white and pink

1guydude

im just sayin lol......
If its a single larger stock than it may be leather...also if its kinda like a balled up fist!
It looks pretty happy for just being introduced to ur tank Al.
I didnt think leathers came in other colors than yellow or whitish yellow!

al&burke

Thanks - Devon that is a nice Kenya you have though, I am beginning to think it is a colt, brain dead sometimes you know.

meowzer

Colt corals polyps tend to be more gathered,,,,where Kenya are more spread out
Kenya

COLT

Here is my bleached colt

You can really see the clusters in that one.....I think yours is a colt

1guydude

urs does have shorter branches but im thinkin it may grow out like mine! btw man its Devin lol...

i guess only time will tell...you could call em up and ask...

did u buy it as a frag piece? Mine was a $20 frag....i put it in my tank and it wasnt to happy (common for kenya)....
after a week of dealing with it...it finally attached to a rock and now its prob doubled in size! Dont ask me how long ago cuz im no good with time in the long run...lol but if u ask me wat time of day it is i could tell u within the hr!