COME ON, USA! - Germany 2006

dennycrane

Regardless of whether or not you love soccer, certainly you must get behind the United States in the World Cup 2006. We've pulled the "Group of Death" (Ghana, Italy) but have a strong team - anything can happen! A win in the Cup would be extremely important for US Soccer, as would any top finish.
There is a friendly on ESPN (1or2) today at 1pm Central time. I encourage everyone to support the United States.
COME ON, USA!!!!

oaktree

Soccer Usa or not ......................................................
not amused or interested

darth tang

Just because the USA team for soccer is in the olympics, does not mean I am pulling for them or watching it. Soccer sucks.
I didn't see you showing your support for team USA during the curling event.
Darth (winter olympics are boring) Tang

dennycrane

Originally Posted by Darth Tang
Just because the USA team for soccer is in the olympics, does not mean I am pulling for them or watching it. Soccer sucks.
I didn't see you showing your support for team USA during the curling event.
Darth (winter olympics are boring) Tang

Soccer in the winter olympics. Nice deduction there, Darth Sherlock. Quite the informed, you are. I'm talking about the World Cup. Okay, now everyone knows you three don't like soccer and you're too cool to support the US in the biggest world soccer event. Now go start a thread about how good your little lives are going - this thread is about those who want the US to do well in the Cup.

mukiwa

Ahahah yeah right BRAZIZ is going to kill..... Ronaldo is just too good.... and Ronaldinho is also too good for USA... Germany is going to be rought but BRAZIL will win.... im sorry if the facts hurt tho.... ahaha

darth tang

Originally Posted by DennyCrane
Soccer in the winter olympics. Nice deduction there, Darth Sherlock. Quite the informed, you are. I'm talking about the World Cup. Okay, now everyone knows you three don't like soccer and you're too cool to support the US in the biggest world soccer event. Now go start a thread about how good your little lives are going - this thread is about those who want the US to do well in the Cup.
Ah, got me. I am ignorant on soccer when it comes to championships and such. As I am sure you are on the bowling championship. But then again, why should I know anything about something that doesn't interest me?
But alas, you have proven yourself wrong. By your own words, you have expressed this thread to be about people backing, showing support, and watching a sport even if they don't like it. All because the USA is in it. We just told you otherwise staying in the parameters of your opening post.
To be honest with you, I am not totally sure if my little life is going good. But I probably wouldn't start a thread about it for debate, as many would probably find it to be pointless drivel and lacking content.
Supporting or not supporting the US in a sport I careless about has nothing to do with being "cool". That is a reason high school kids do things, not adults.
Darth (The Dork) Tang

ruaround

I supported the USA Soceer team today... I used my Visa at McDonalds!!!
ru(worm burger at 18% intrest)around

dennycrane

Darth - I'm sorry if I implied that your life sucks. That wasn't my intention. And you probably are a cool enough person. But if you aren't interested in soccer (that's okay), don't bother with wasting your time taking some sort of anti-soccer stance here on a SWF forum.
Now...on to the good stuff!
The US had a 1-0 result against the Polish!!! The American sportscaster called it a calculated assist to a striking header, though it was more like an unfortunate redirection (from the keeper's perspective) to a good following run. A bit lucky, but I'll take it.
England had a nailbiter against Uruguay 2-1 (winning Joe Cole strike in the 92nd minute).
Hey MUKIWA - Brazil is amazing to watch, but that "hold" style of play won't hold up against the pass game. We'll see...

Last I checked Germany was getting theirs from Italy 2-0. They won't make it to the semis!

oaktree

The US had a 1-0 result against the Polish!!! The American sportscaster called it a calculated assist to a striking header, though it was more like an unfortunate redirection (from the keeper's perspective) to a good following run. A bit lucky, but I'll take it.
:notsure: What?

boalgf

Some threads just don't add up. It seemed like you were rallying support to the US soccer team but only get snide remarks and people who say they don't like soccer. Looks like there is more negativity to be found than positivity or even just "staying the heck out of the thread." Either way, they beat poland!

dennycrane

Okay, so there's about 7 days until the kickoff to the World Cup 2006 in Germany! I thought it was about time to garner some support out of you all and get you into the excitement of the game..
CONE ON, USA!!!

ltrain35

I'll be rooting for the USA to do well also. I do also like England and Brazil. Just always liked their teams when I was small. The USA is in a very tough group, but I think they can do well.
GOOOO USA
:cheer:

dennycrane

Yeah, It is probably Brazil's year (again). England will do well do get far without Rooney and a less than fit Owen. I lived in England for a while, so they are like my second.
Keep your fingers crossed!!!

ivica

World cup is here and i took a month vacation so i can watch all the games...Usa is looking pretty good so does brazil but i still think Croatia is going to win it all!!!

dennycrane

Mexico has a fairly easy group to advance in. At this point I hope they do for CONCACAF. The Croats are good, yes, but I think it is down to the Czechs, Brazil or England. Don't be surprized if Ukrain or the Dutch sneak in...
COME ON, USA!