Comments on Stocking Thoughts - 46 Gal

superwade2

I am getting exciting looking at what fish I want to add... Here is what I'm considering... I know that I can't add these all at once...but would be interested in opinions on compatability, timing and order I should add these (I'm guessing on the order below, but not set, although I'd really like the clowns after the clean-up crew).
46 Gal Bowfront, 80 lbs LR, 50 lbs LS, RemoraPro (Mag3) Skimmer... FOWLR, no plans for Corals, at least not now.
1st) Clean Up Crew - Probably one of the 30-55Gal Packages from *********** or Saltwaterfish to start with.
2nd) (2) Ocellaris Clownfish or True Percula Clownfish
3rd or 4th) (1) Royal Gramma Basslet
4th or 3rd) (1) Yellow Watchman Goby
5th) (1) Flame Hawkfish ---> (Maybe add later, not planning on Shrimp probably)
6th) (1) Flame Angelfish
OR Coral Beauty Angelfish
Is this too much stock to think about in a 46 Gal? If so, what should I leave out and/or add? If I had to choose between the Hawk and the Angel, I'd rather go Angel I think
Thanks for the Advice and Opinions
SW2

damselsrck

I think that would be a little much...I have a 46-gallon also. Here is my stocking list (to be) for you to get an idea...maybe I'm understocking (although I doubt it).
2 occ. clowns.
1 six line wrasse
1 lemonpeel angel
If I were you I would go with:
perc.s or occ.s
Yellow Watchman Goby
Flame Angel or Coral Beauty.
just my $.02

lion_crazz

I would just take out the hawkfish and I think you would be fine. You have more than enough live rock, and if you keep up on water quality, I do not see you having a problem.

superwade2

Originally Posted by lion_crazz
I would just take out the hawkfish and I think you would be fine. You have more than enough live rock, and if you keep up on water quality, I do not see you having a problem.
Thanks for the replys... This is kind of the direction I was leaning after doing more reading about the Hawkfish... It sounds like they are REALLY cool fish with lots of personality, but 50/50 chance if it eating chunks of my cleaning crew (especially if I decide to add a couple shrimp).
How much time should I wait between introductions? I don't currently have a QT tank *(which may haunt me in the future, but I just don't have the space right now).
I think my cycle is less than a week from being done, and hope to get the clean up crew started prttey soon afterwards... Then should I let the "crew" goto town for a week or two and then add the Clowns?
If I decide to get both the Goby and Basslet, can I add the two of them at the same time, or should I stagger?
Sw2

lion_crazz

You should stagger all additions. Add the clean-up crew first, then the clowns a few weeks later as your first fish. About a month after that you can add the goby. Then abouth a month after that you can add the gramma, and then wait a while for your tank to mature a bit and add your dwarf angel.
Rule of thumb is to leave 3-4 weeks between every fish introduction.