Comments please...2 months old!

kosarfan

Everything appears to be doing pretty well. Here's what I got:
75 gal, trickle filter (have removed 1/2 of bio balls), skimmer, 220 watt pc (1/2 actinic, 1/2 day), moon light strip
100% RO water - even got the RO machine to make it.
1 - yellow tang
1 - chalk bass
3 - blue/green chormis'
1 - scooter blenny
1 - brittle star
1 - serpent star
1 - Cleaner Shrimp
1 - emeral crab
4 - blue leg hermits
1 - horseshoe crab
1 - 1 sea cucumber
5 - turbo snails
5 - astrea snails
5 - Nessarious Snails
1 - mushroom coral
I have 50 more lbs of live rock coming in on Friday and plan on curing it in a 20 gal setup before entering into the display tank.
I am very happy with some macroalgae and coraline algae (purple/pink) but am getting microalgae on the glass and sand. I am also seeing a lot of red algae blanketing the sand, how do I get rid of this?
Feedback is greatly appreciated. I really want to get some clowns and an anenome, but am afraid that I may not have enough light to support the anenome. I really don't want to spend the $$$ on Metal Halides.
Any suggestions?

therick

wherew are the close up pics of the rocks
and that seems like an awful lot of stuff for it to only be 2 months old

kosarfan

I guess it is really closer to 2 1/2 months. Here is a close up of a rock w/macroalgae. What are the "air bubbles"?

kosarfan

Everything is eating well, maybe I am feeding too much? My stars are very active (eating alot) and my tang is taking to Romaine very well and everything is eating flakes - Formula 2 - and a variety of frozen foods. I have two powerheads and one is right near those bubbles.

golfish

very nice, my only comment would be to slow way way down and wait for the alage cycles to start and finish.
If it were me I'd add the rock and wait 3-6 months before adding anything else.
What kind of skimmer you using?

kosarfan

I really appreciate the feedback and I will slow WAY down (hard to do though). The skimmer I am using is in the sump, it is rated for 100 gal and is a venturi type. I have emptied it a few times w/ a lot of gross green stuff. Air bubbles are going like crazy about half way up the conical cylinder, but the skimmer has not been producing the green slime waste-water lately like it did at first. Should I allow more air into the skimmer to get the bubbles higher?