Compatability

proffittess

I have a 75g tank with an Atlantic Blue tang and a clown. I want to later introduce a Yellow tang and an Angel or Butterfly and maybe a Wrasse but not sure what kinds yet. My question is with the Blue tang and the introduction of a Yellow. Are the Blues an aggressive tang or will he be alright with the Yellow? Is it a good idea to take out an aggressive fish after introducing a new one and putting the aggressor into your Q tank until the other establishes itself? Thanks for any help.

mgochay

From what I've heard on this board you should be alright putting the Yellow tang in after your blue tang. I'm about to do the opposite (have a Yellow and Naso and going to put a Blue/Hippo Tang in a couple of days) anyways IMO you should be okay. Matter of fact I had my Yellow in first and then put the Naso in and the Yellow was bossing him around and now they swim around like Buds. I think you'll be alright

veskas

I added a Naso to a tank with a Purple & although harassed for a day, they seem to be fine. By adding your yellow after the Naso, there should be no problems.
Good luck.

kris

I think you should be fine. I really like your idea though, about taking out the one you think will be aggressive 'till the other is established!