Concerned about my new pal

columbia45ebb

I received a large Volitan Lionfish yesterday, spent about 3 hours acclimating as instructed in the Saltwater Fish video. The big boy, did fine as he was finally released...for about 45 minutes. Then he disappeared behind some liverock, which is what I expected (probably as stressed as I'd be if I were put in a plastic bag and entrusted with Federal Express!). Today, however, he's out and about, but continues to hover head down, in the corner of the aquarium. He has refused to eat, I've tried brine shimp, Prosalt Lancefish dangled in front of him wiggling like it's natural prey, but to no avail. The water quality is better than it's ever been, and all other fish inhabitants of the tank are doing splendly. Any suggestions?

spkdtch

mine took to eating raw shrimp instantly, but getting them to eat frozen isnt always a simple task, they love live stuff, dont throw in goldfish, wrong kind of fats and can harm over time, guppies are fine but only once in awhile if its still not eating frozen
as far as the hovering nose down, mine did that too, would hide in a fake plant upside down, so i named him batman, just blending in is all

salt210

remember they are nocturnal predators hence the hanging upside down. I got mine eating with minnows didnt like doing it tho as they are not healthy for them to eat

crypt keeper

A large V lion will be harder to get to eat Frozen foods IMO. Throw some damsels in there. I had to do this with my Fimby eel. I was buying 3 for $15 and he was good. I would then try and feed frozen as he was trying to catch the damsels and he went after the shrimp now he eats frozen.

windlasher

Originally Posted by erifish3
http:///forum/post/3047103
Same here. Throw something live in there, guppy or goldfish.
You should NOT feed freshwater fish to saltwater fish. Causes problems. Give it a day or two and then dangle shreaded shrimp in front of him on a feeding stick. He wont starve.