Conch question

dizzy

Has anyone had any problems with either the queen or fighting conch being in their tank?
Thanks.
Diz

rmd8110

i have 2 fighting conch's in my tank and wish i had a couple more. they're great! they just get on the glass and the sand. haven't even seen them on the rock. they do a great cleaning job. i've heard you shouldn't get a queen conch cause they get too big.

scubanole

RMD how big are your Fighting conches. I just got two and they are full grown(about 3-4 inches). If I had known they were going to be grown I would have only gotten 1. They do a great job on the sand, and I have seen one on the rock. they are too big to climb the class. It os funny looking when they try, it looks like they are going to come out of their shell. I have noticed one of mine going up to the other and it looks like they may be mating. the one extends something into the shell of the other. I don't know if they are fighting or mating.

scubanole

David, I guess I shouldn't have sid they can't. When they do try mine look like the shell is going to fall off,it is funny looking.

mlm

I have 4 and they stay buried in the sand all the time. They do a good job keeping the sand clean.