Condy Anemone...HELP!!!

kingoftang

Does anybody know how to take care of a Condy Anemone aka. Haitian Anemone??? Please reply. What is the best thing to feed it? What supplements should I use? What do I need for it to live??

devildog01

Originally Posted by kingoftang
Does anybody know how to take care of a Condy Anemone aka. Haitian Anemone??? Please reply. What is the best thing to feed it? What supplements should I use? What do I need for it to live??
Well, first of all-most of the time condys will not host clowns. Hopefully, you have good enough lights to let the zooanthellae algae feed it. If not, dont get the anemone. It doesnt hurt to occasionally feed some sort of meaty food such as mysis shrimp, krill, or silversides. Condys are known to eat fish.

devildog01

Depends on the size of the anemone. My LFS had a green carpet about 7 inches in diameter that ate a 12 inch emperor angel.

devildog01

Bad boys bad boys, what ya gonna do? What ya gonna do when they come for you? Bad boys bad boys...sorry. *ahem*

T

thomas712

https://www.saltwaterfish.com/vb/show...=Florida+condy
Many folks have kept the Condy anemone without any problems with them eating fish. They are not super fish eaters and are not near as sticky as carpet anemones. Condy would not be my first choice for an anemone. If you have proper lighting I would suggest going with a Bubble tip anemone. Forget about adding supplements, just proper lighting and meaty foods a couple times per week.
Thomas

thejdshow

Condi's tend to roam a bit too. Mine died becuase it got stuck in the filter when I was away for a couple of days =(. One of my few losses.

diane4

My condy is always moving around. He never sits still.
I feed mine 2-3 times a week, a small bite sized peice of raw shrimp. He likes that.

diane4

I buy fresh medium sized shrimp from the grocery. I buy small amounts often because my ipo is picky, he doesn't like the taste of them if they have been frozen for a while. The verts don't care, but Ipo does, Ipo is my puffer.

diane4

yes, exactly. And in my opinion, I like to buy the medium ones. The small ones tend to be tough, the big ones are to much meat and can get stringy. My puffer gets the strings caught in his teeth and he hates that.
The medium sized ones are perfect. I buy a 1/2 pound at a time and freeze some right away to stay fresh.

kingoftang

Thanks every one especially Diane4 for your help and consideration. My anemone is doing fine. Want a pic to tell me if I should do anything different?