Condylactis Anemone Vs. Feather Duster

mbell

I have a Condylactis Anemone that seems to be moving onto my feather duster. The question is, is my Anemone going to start eating the Feather Duster. Right now they look fine together the feather duster is out and the anemone seems to be right next to it almost on top of it but the anemone has been well feed and shouldnt be hungry at all. Anyone have any idea?
35 gl hex.
30 lbs live rock
Clarki Clown
Tomato Clown
PJ Cardinal
Skunk Shrimp
Anemone
feather duster
50/50 power compact

ocellaris_keeper

Your condy is not trying to eat the feather duster - although it will sting it.
Your Condy is searching for the best place to hang out - water movement, lighting and you probably placed your feather duster right near the optimal spot.

php

well your condii may sting that feather duster try and move him somewhere away from it ...you may have to do this alot but if it saves your feather duster it is well worth it

sammystingray

I have to wonder if feather dusters even have any feeling in the crown?? They can drop them off and regrow them at will for the most part, and the crown basically is just to collect food and bring it back in to the worms mouth.....nerves or blood flow even.....I don't know....?? . The Casing (tube) the worm is in is made of mucus and debri, so I know that a sting there is useless and unfelt since it is not even part of the worm, but more a structure he built. It seems to me the anemone would have to actually reach into the tube to sting the worm in any type of manner that could hurt it.