Connecting a Copepod tank to Display Tank

nanoman1

IF they were both on the same level, could it be done with say two maxi jets connecting the two?
I look forward to your responses

scsinet

You cannot connect tanks with two pumps going in each direction. They will never exactly balance each other and one side will flood.
The best way IMO is to orient the pod tank somewhat higher than the main tank. Pump water from the display into the pod tank, and use either a drilled hole/bulkhead or a siphon overflow to take water back to the main tank.
Pods will often survive a trip through a pump, but you obviously decrease the number of deaths by not using a pump to take water from the pod tank back to the main tank. Most people can't do this because it's often far more practical to locate the pod tank lower than the main, but if you can work it out so it's higher, that's the way I'd go.

dave ssm

You pump water from one tank to another with any type of water pump you want and you put this tube from one tank to another. I made to bridges out of 1 1/4 inch tubing with elbows. Tubing is fluorescent light tubing from Home Depot. The water level will remain the same in both tanks as long as your bridges flow level is more than your pump. Also always use clear tubing because air will build up in the bridge and you most suck it out before the water level drops to low in the bridge itself and you lose suction. I suck the air out once a month.