Connecting an RO unit?

spyderreef

I tried to post this question on the equipment board but not as many people look there. I have my friends old RO unit and I want to hook it up. I have no instructions. Can anyone help me figure this out? It is a Kent Marine. I have two lines coming out of the end of the white canister that lays on the top, one is orange. There is one more line that goes in the side of the first canister that hangs down. There are a total of three canister. Two on the bottom and a white one on top. I could not find a model number. Any ideas? It would be appreciated.

broomer5

spyderreef
Sounds like a Kent Full Size RO unit.
They basically have two different types.
Once we know what type - it's pretty easy from there and I have the instructions I can either post here or email them to you.
The two different types I mentioned have to do with the actual RO membrane. The long white cylinder on top is the RO unit.
It houses the RO membrane.
Kent makes a TFC RO membrane and they make a CTA RO membrane.
If we follow the colored tubes ( even if they've been switched around by accident ) I think we can figure this out.
Look at the unit.
Typical tubing run as follows;
TFC

Yellow into the first 1 micron filter canister.
This first canister is connected DIRECTLY to the second carbon canister.
From this second canister - another yellow tube runs up one end of the long white horizontal RO unit.
From this RO units other end - out comes a blue ( good water ) and an orange ( waste water )
CTA

Yellow into the first 1 micron filter canister.
Yellow out of this first canister and runs DIRECTLY to the one end of the white horizontal RO unit.
From this RO units other end - out comes a blue to the 2nd canister ( carbon ) down below.
Out of this second canister - another blue line runs out for good water.
The orange line is always waste.
Easy way to tell.
Does the line that comes out of the very first canister go straight to the RO unit up top ?
OR
Does the line that comes out of the very first canister to straight to the second canister ?
Post back - and we can then narrow it down even further and get you some instructions

spyderreef

I think that the blue tube should be the fresh water coming in, the line with the tape (it was orange) is the waste and the last one, on top of the white, should be the RO water?

broomer5

You have the Full Size TFC unit.
GPD gallon per day ~ unknown
Email me at
broomer5@aol.com
I'll reply with operating, installation maintenance instructions.
Do you have adobe acrobat reader ?