CONTEST: most colorful reef!

flame guy

Hey Murph, How long is your tank's been setup? Just curious....cause i'd like to add a few more sps and your tank is truly an inspiration.

crabsrkewl

AquaKnight said:
My 29gal gives a nice running, especially since no fancy sps. (Please no tang comments, he's out and happier then ever).

Thats a nice anemone (bottom right corner with clownfish) what kind is it? Long Tentacle?

murph145

Originally Posted by flame guy
Hey Murph, How long is your tank's been setup? Just curious....cause i'd like to add a few more sps and your tank is truly an inspiration.
hmmm this tanks been setup since febuary of 06 so that makes it 1 year and 8 months old now....
i appreciate your comments everyone and all the tanks ive scene on here look awesome i love the look of mixed tanks i try to keep some softies and LPS but it gets difficult thats why im amazed at how well ur tank looks flame guy with those huge toadstools
very nice setup every one!
a new one from the cent4er today i went to maui for 7 days and luckily everything survived with just daily feeding by my mom coming over to help me out lol

alix2.0

murph your tank is freaking beautiful! how big is that clam?
i cant wait in a couple months im getting my 75 gallon
...then i can post some pics too!

murph145

thanks alix2.0 the clam is about 14" id say its a fast grower and a huge demand for alk and calcium my reactor is almost tapped out....
it deffinately likes the center of my 180 u can see the little clams below it which are croceas they are about 5" each so u can see the size difference

murph145

when i first got it it was about 7" and its doubled since then its a blue spotted squamosa clam and ive now had it for about a year and a half. ill see if i can find some old pics with it ull be amazed

hefner413

Originally Posted by murph145
when i first got it it was about 7" and its doubled since then its a blue spotted squamosa clam and ive now had it for about a year and a half. ill see if i can find some old pics with it ull be amazed
Whoa! .. yeah for sure - gotta see pics!

murph145

here u go the tank when i first setup and got the clam i obviously went more in the sps direction after this

flame guy

Originally Posted by Flricordia
20gl Odyssea cube

wow. love your tank!! looks delicious with all those colorful rics!!
Murph....thanks for your compliment!..yeah, i was planning to get rid of my
toadstools and some softies to convert to all sps but, it seems to
work out fine so i just left it alone with no problem except my purple
tang decided to have a taste of my crocea clams... so,go figure heh