convert remora hob to sump

tex

i was woundering if anyone has upgraded to a r/r tank and put their hob skimmer in the sump. i would like to here from someone that has a remora sump style already, my question is where does the water leave the skimmer?
the reason for asking is i got some tubing to put pump on bottom of the sump
skimmer will still hang on but on the sump, now the water just plunges into the sump. also the pictures of all the ones i've seen looks like hey have something like zip ties on the tubes is that to ensure that the tubes doesn't come off.
thanks tex

salty blues

Originally Posted by tex
http:///forum/post/2583404
i was woundering if anyone has upgraded to a r/r tank and put their hob skimmer in the sump. i would like to here from someone that has a remora sump style already, my question is where does the water leave the skimmer?
the reason for asking is i got some tubing to put pump on bottom of the sump
skimmer will still hang on but on the sump, now the water just plunges into the sump. also the pictures of all the ones i've seen looks like hey have something like zip ties on the tubes is that to ensure that the tubes doesn't come off.
thanks tex
When I added a diy sump to my set-up, I moved my Remora to the sump. Since the sump water level is somewhat lower than what would normally be for a HOB set-up, I built a small channel of plexi-glass for the Remora to discharge into. I put a piece of bio-foam in the plexi channel to minimize noise & bubbles. This takes care of the plunging issue. This set up has worked fine for me.
The zip ties do make pretty good clamps.