converting FOWLR 2 reef

crashedin0

well ive been wanting to do reef and reefs only but so many thing should be stable that it wasnt economical so i did a fowlr and well its been 9 months and i finally hav the money to do a big investment
can i just throw corals anemones and sensative fish in there or would i need to do things all over

toughguy80

As long as your readings are good, you should be alright. You might also want to check lesser known reading like calcium, iodine etc.

jjlittle

You still need to take it slow dont rush. What type of lighting do you have for your going to need the right lighting or coral wll die. You also will need as said more test kits . Do research on what types of coral & fish you want to do for that really will lead you buying . I would do a list of the things you want and just take it slow research each item and it will be a pleasent deal other wise you will lose your big investment.

crashedin0

lighting i just got my 2x96 pcs
and as far as readings i am stable havent gone up on anything in a good 2 months i mean
0s down the line trate trite and amon
1.23 sg
calcium i never tested for and my 10 gal reef is doing great
so i guess ill pick it up when ever i got a few extra bucks
but i have had bad things happen every time i add chemicals to my water
i try to keep it all good doing in water changes

jjlittle

I am not saying to add chemicals to tank for regular water changes are best. I would suggest raising you Salinity up to about .026 or so corals & inverts like higher salinity.Coral require calcium and most likely your not going to have clacuim levels of 400 or so which is key for most corals .Reef tanks do need more management and very good water diffent from fowlr tanks.What size tank do you have for 2-96pcs is not much lighting.

crashedin0

25 gal so it 7.somthing watts a gal and im running a
2x36 on my 10 which is 7.2 watts a gal

ill keep thinking about the cal stuff probly just throw some oyster
shells in a tea bag and hang it in my filter instead :thinking:
if its in a bottle i dont lik it :mad: