coolest lfs ever?

pancho

I shop at an small mom and pop pet store and i get cool deals. when they buy fish for a lesser price they sell them for a lesser price they tell you when things are seasonal and how much they pay for things and what they are gonna charge you. they won't buy a exspensive fish at an whole saler and then harge you so much for it. If you are looking for a fish or anything else they will get it for you and keep looking until they find one but will tell you what price they will not go over to get it they are hobbiest as well and will get things for themselves and sell you things they have at thier homes if they no longer what them. and they will put a fish on hold for you if u don't have the money right away or are still cycling a tank. at times it makes me wonder if they r in it for the money or just because they love the hobby so much they want to make it easier for every one else to enjoy.

G

glazer

pancho,
Could I ask which shop this is? Would love to check them out... I have been in just about every LFS in the area and the description sounds great but just doesn't ring any bells with the ones I have visited, hehe.
Thanks...

G

glazer

thanks pancho,
I'll have to check them out. I called the number to get thier hours and best I could tell by the answering machine they are closed on Sundays, I said best I could tell 'cuz it was way to hard to understand the ladies message with the parrot screaming in the background!!!.....LOL Too funny!

demosthenes

That sounds like a LFS around me, but the problem with it is that although they are the best around in FW, they are not that up-to-date on SW. They only have 3 SW tanks in the store, one quarrantine, one that never seems to be used, and one that has some cardinals, damsels, and occasionally a mandarin or a kole. They can order you anything and they are the nicest people in town, but just don't seem educated in the SW arena.

musipilot

The problem with the best LFS around me is that their prices are UNPAYABLE. They have beautiful stock, and two (count 'em, TWO!) people that know what they are talking about...but I can't bring myself to pay their prices. For example...want a cleaner shrimp? Only 39.99! How about a flame angel, only 79.99! I can understand paying a little more for great service, but I can't bring myself to triple pay at this place. Shame, its got great stuff.