copper question (so simple yet, so confussing)

Hola!
Happy thursday. atleast i'm happy i got three great new additions to my tank, Two very different and beautiful fairy wrasses that have both come out of hiding in there first morning, which had me very suprised. And then a very nice looking powder brown tang. I've had my eyes on this fish for a couple months, don't know why knowone else got him, but their loss my gain. ( I hope)
Anyways here's my question:
I have 2 tangs in my 75 gallon now, the PBT and a kole tang (yellow eye)
They seem to be getting along fine, They shouldn't fight is what I was told. Is that more or less an accurate statement?
Secondly, I want to make sure they're getting enough nuitrition, so along with the 2x/day feeding of a brine shrimp/misis/ and ocean nutrition's "prime reef" frozen cubes. i want to make sure they (being the 2 biggest specimens in the tank) have a good source of nuitrition. so here's the main question;
I HAVE ONE OF THOSE SEAWEED CLIPS WITH THE SUCTION CUPS, AND I FEED OCEAN NUTRITION "GREEN MARINE ALGEA". FOR THE LAST COUPLE WEEKS I'VE HAD THE CLIP IN MY QT WHICH I AM HOUSING A SMALL BLUE TANG, AND TREATING WITH COPPER. NOW, HOW CAN I WASH THE CLIP OFF TO USE IN MY REEF TANK AND MAKE SURE THAT THERE IS NO COPPER GETTING INTO MY TANK AND KILLING ALL MY REEF CRITTERS.
I guess if i have to buy another one i can. but i wasn't sure if i'm being overly paranoid, will hot water and soap do the trick or what?
Thanks peoples.
KLAW

florida joe

Get one of the magnetic float algae cleaners you can use it to clean your tank and also hold food for your algae eating fish

sepulatian

They are not expensive. You can buy another. If you really want to use that same one in your display then it shouldn't be too much of a hassle. Wash it thoroughly with hot water. Let it air dry or use paper towels. Copper does not absorb into non porous surfaces. I would just buy another though, if it were my tank.