Copperband Butterfly -- I need help

scotts2002

I have a 150 gallons with these fish in it: Yellow Tang, Powder Brown Tang, Red Sea Sailfin Tang, juv. Emperor Angel, 6 Line Wrasse, Pinkspot Shrimp Gobie, 2 Percula Clowns, Lawnmower Blennie, Longnose Hawkfish and Potters Angelfish.
Everything is getting along great. I introduced the Copperband when I introduced the Powderbrown Tang and the Potters Angelfish. The Tang and Butterfly got chased some the first afternoon, but the next morning everything had eased up and now everything is fine. The Powderbrown and the Potters are eating well, but the Copperband is not. I've seen it pick at the live rock some but I haven't seen it eat otherwise. I've fed it frozen foods; angel formula, brine shrimp, freeze dried plankton, formula one flake food formula 2 pellet food.
I need some help with what to feed it.
It doesn't seem intimidated by the other fish because it swims with them, occasionally the Sailfin will chase it but it does not beat it up.
Any suggestions would be helpful.
Thanks

lion_crazz

Copperbands are tough to get to eat. They can be very finicky eaters. If worse comes to worse, you may have to try live vitamin-enriched brine shrimp for the first couple of weeks just to get him comfortable with you. (That is of course assuming your nitrates are 10 or below).

O

oreo12

I have heard that some time you need to have a peace of dead coral in there and bait it with food and they will eat it thinking they are eating coral if that makes since I have never had a reason to try that and was why I stayed clear of those type of fish.

kamaqazi21

I have the same problem. What should i to feed my copperband? Eats the apitisa on some of my live rock, but nothing else. What shoud i try?

O

oreo12

Originally Posted by kamaqazi21
I have the same problem. What should i to feed my copperband? Eats the apitisa on some of my live rock, but nothing else. What shoud i try?
maybe we could bet everone to send there apitisa to you and it could eat them up. Have you tried attaching some food to the rockwork?

kamaqazi21

no not yet, i think i will try it though. I called my LFS they said try feeding it live brine shrimp for a couple of days, and then it will readily accept other frozen foods, such as mysis and brine.
Also, had and idea, since the CB is taking out all of the aptisia, should i try to pull one out so it spreads? A food source for the CB or a bad idea. My tanks is FOWLR so no corals. Let me know thanks.