Copperband Butterfly

jthomas0385

The last fish that I add to my tank is going to be a Copperband Butterfly. What are some of the methods people have used to get these fish to eat?? I have about 8 months before I get one, so I'm making preparations now. Thank you.

alix2.0

mine was a piggy. ate frozen mysis & other meaty foods within the first 2 days. also liked those littleneck clams you get at the fish counter. i just pried them open with a knife (one a day) and stuck it in the rocks somewhere.

srfisher17

Originally Posted by JThomas0385
http:///forum/post/2897600
The last fish that I add to my tank is going to be a Copperband Butterfly. What are some of the methods people have used to get these fish to eat?? I have about 8 months before I get one, so I'm making preparations now. Thank you.
IME & IMO: it isn't so much what you feed it, they will eat most small bits of meaty items and most frozen/prepared foods; (mysiss is a great 1st food) and pick at rockwork. But, they require a very low-stress tank. No bullies, plenty of room,places to hide, even extremely active fish can intimidate them and make it difficult to get them eating.

05xrunner

they are hit or miss I think..Might get lucky and find one that eats..Then might get one that eats at the rocks and gives up and dies..They are kinda hard to keep

funkysean5

Mine ate at anything. But like other people said it is a hit or miss. Try putting some food in rockwork so they can pick at it. But beware, it can just stop eating for a few days and starve to death.

florida joe

A method I have seen work is to mash up mysis with a little garlic and press the mixture into live rock You can also try aptasia I am sure you can get some at your LFS IMO they are very hard to keep and as mentioned above do not deal well with any kind of stress from tank mates