copperbanded butterfly v other butterfly

comet_nut

Just wondering if anyone can give me some advice on this issue. I cuurently have a 60 gal tank with oodles of Live Rock and sand etc. The last peice of rock that I bought had a few pest anenomes on them... you guessed it.. theyhave spread like wild fire. I have been told that a cooperbanded butterfly will get rid of them, also that they are extremely finicky fish to look after. So what I am wondering is, are there hardier types of butterflys out there that will do the same job?
The current tank mates are:
Comet Grouper
White Cheek Tang (juvy)
One sleeper goby
and three hermit crabs-
The water papmetres are:
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
Nitrate 20
Salinity 1.025
PH 8.3
Tank is about 8 months old
I have heard that adding peppermint shrimp may cure the problem, but I can't add them or my comet will eat them!!

joker_ca

What Kind Of Pest Are U Talking About If You Mean Aptasia, Then Try Some Peppermint Shrimp They'll Eat Them
Also A Copperband Is A Very Delicate Fish That Ship Poorly

kilmca

I got an infestation of aptasia and bought a copperband butterfly. The aptasia have been gone for about a year now and the copperband eats mysis and brine. If you have any small tube worms or feather dusters a copperband will eat those too, only downside of having one in my opinion. Peppermint shrimp don't always eat aptasia, not the ones i have anyways.

kilmca

I have a couple different size of zoos and the copperband doesn't bother them. Shrooms are safe too.