coral banded shrimp x2

nasotang00

I currently have a 37 gallon tank which i am going to take down. In it is one good sized CBS (coral banded shrimp). Can I put this shrimp in my 55 gallon with an already existing CBS? There is about 70 - 80 lbs of live rock with more that adequate hiding places for both. Or, am I asking for trouble????
Thanks all

wrigley11

The answer to that is probably NO... However if they are the opposite --- and like each other maybe. The problem is that 2 CBS in any system will usually hunt each other down and fight to the death. So you may just want to give the extra one back to a lfs.

billyv

Hey there. I had two CBS in my tank for about 3 mounths with no problems. My buddy who uses the name "Mal" on this messege board also had 2 CBS in his tank for some time. Having two wasn't a problem for either one of our tanks. Yes, they did fight a little bit in the beginning, but not to the death. I think one of mine ended up loosing both his pinchers in a battle, but soon grew them back. I eventually gave one back to the lfs for store credit, not because they were fighting, but because my 55 reef was getting crowded. So do whatever your going to do, but don't base your decision on the possibility of them killing each other....their pretty tough!