coral banded shrimp

Who has them, and how agressive are they? I was thinking of getting a mated pair, but I'd like to know how nasty they are and if they'll eat any of my other shrimp.

groupergenius

I have a mated pair in my 90. There's a peppermint shrimp in the tank that hides pretty good in a big monti cap. I have never seen the CBS go at any of my fish.

jtrzerocool

i have a CBS and have had it for nearly 2 years...i have seen some agression towards fish...but very little...and he only gets agressive if they go in his territory...if you keep them well fed you shouldnt have problems...

nycbob

they will eat almost anything they can catch. with lots of liverocks, it shouldnt be an issue.

jerryatrick

Very cool invert that I think does best when it is well fed. When I am spot feeding my corals I will squirt some at my CBS. I have also seen the shrimp go after my fish when it's territory is invaded.

groupergenius

Originally Posted by nycbob
http:///forum/post/2723688
they will eat almost anything they can catch. with lots of liverocks, it shouldnt be an issue.
+1 there. Mine will come out from under the rock ledge to get pellets and flake even. They breed all the time and the female is allways releasing babies. But unfortunately they become coral/fish food.

scopus tang

I have a mated gold-banded pair, and they've been great. Have had the regular CBS in the past, and when they get big enough, they are a holy terror. Once the shrimp is big enough, any time a fish is sick (and even sometimes when they are sleeping), they are shrimp food. Like others, I would say it depends on the LR in the tank, how well feed you keep it, but I would also say that the bigger they get the more issues you are going to have. JME

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
http:///forum/post/2723760
+1 there. Mine will come out from under the rock ledge to get pellets and flake even. They breed all the time and the female is allways releasing babies. But unfortunately they become coral/fish food.
So you've had babies in the tank? Thats cool.
Thanks for all the info I think I'm going to get a pair. Watch the for sale threads if they attack any of my fish. Although I'd like them to eat my cromis.