coral beauty and corals

carrie1429

Dwarf angels are known for nipping at corals but CBs will sometimes do fine with corals. IMO 50/50 chance, sometimes they will nip at them and sometimes they won't. I had a CB with some soft corals and he never bothered anything.

nm reef

I've had a coral beauty with numerous softies/polyps/shrooms/LPS types...never a problem. Beautiful fish in my opinion.:cool:

sammystingray

I would say it is the best angel, large or small, to put in a reef.....I presently have one...he eats micro algae...yay, and anything I feed the tank.....never a single problem. I personally think flame angels are way more prone to nip.

kreach

I had one in my tank before and never had any problems with him. Never had any problems with the flame I had either... let's hope my luck holds!

clarkiiboi

Agree, mine has been in the main tank for about 6 months, then I added polyps and leathers....it dont touch anything. What size tank do you have and what is currently in it? How long has it been set up? Dwarf angles need, IMO, a lot of swimming room, rocks to graze on, and a tank at least 6 months old.

hunterdaddy

tank is 2 years old (been torn down and reset twice but all water was transfered) 55-60 lbs LR 10 lbs base rock
55 gal tank.
CB is currently in my 20 gal tall QT tank and doing great

flydan

Hey,
I have had one in my reef for over a year. It hasn't bothered any of my corals and even though it's the largest fish I have, it doesn't bother the other fish either. It did, however, go after a Peppermint Shrimp I added to my tank. I think the shrimp was just too small and looked like food. (It doesn't bother my Cleaner Shrimp or Camel Back Shrimp.) I managed to get the Peppermint into my refugium and it's been in there ever since.
Dan'l

jauringer

mine has been pretty good also. he scopes out the Xenia and the GSP's pretty closly, but he has yet to chomp down on one of the polyps.