coral beauty angelfish what to feed ?

i bought a coral beauty yesterday. the lady at the fish store said to feed it mysis shrimp.i was reading tho and they mainly eat other stuff.so what can i feed it spirula,seaweed,meats,flakes????????????

flower

Quote:
Originally Posted by techshredder http:///forum/thread/379856/coral-beauty-angelfish-what-to-feed#post_3303291
i bought a coral beauty yesterday. the lady at the fish store said to feed it mysis shrimp.i was reading tho and they mainly eat other stuff.so what can i feed it spirula,seaweed,meats,flakes????????????

All of them except the flakes. They also have an angelfish food that has sponge in it. IMO Flakes and pellets are a waste of money. Even the gel foods are good. These guys like algae and they love to pick it off the rocks all day. I hope you have lots of rock with caves and crevices, they are also very active and like to swim in and out of the rocks.

btldreef

Pick up Hikari Mega Marine Angel frozen cubed food or Emerald Entree made by San Francisco Bay Brand.

Mysis and other meaty foods are fine, but they need algae in their diet as well, they are omnivores. I have found that although people say that the dwarf angels don't need sponge in their diet, if you add it, even if it's an additive in a vitamin, you will have a healthy, more colorful dwarf angelfish. VitaChem has sponge extract in it.

srfisher17

Like all omnivores; feed a wide variety of both meaty and green foods. IMO&IME: all dwarf angels really need a good amount of mature LR to graze on, if they are to thrive.