Coral beauty & Flame

patandlace

Has anyone tried to keep the two in the same tank? I've heard that if you add them at the same time there's a good chance they can coexist. Any one tried this?

F

fishwilly1

Check With Joncat24 He Has Had The Two Together For A Long Time, We Also Have A Friend With A 55 Gal. Tank And 55 Gal. Fuge That Has The Two Together. Joncat's Got Along Right Away And The Coral Beauty Was There A Long Time Before The Flame, Then When Our Other Buddy Done It He Had To Spend Some Time With One Of Them Swimming The Fuge To Get Them Together But Now They Have Lived In The Same Tank For Almost 5 Mos. If You Add Them At The Same Time It Should Really Up Your Chances Of A Happy Family. Good Luck Man.

patandlace

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I have had mine together for 5 years and counting.. 150g reef.
Were they both added at the same time or one before the other?

dogstar

The Flame was added about 2 months after the CB....
IMO, the tank should be large with lots of LR for hideing and grazeing and escapeing for the combo to work in most cases...They will always be busy swimming in and out of the rock grazeing and most of the time never see each other, when mine do see each other, most of the time they dont react. When they do, its just a toying from the Flame and the CB sometimes turns around and faces the Flame away....all in a second or two, and then back to grazeing....

patandlace

They would be in a 92. But I don't think I'm going to chance it. I'm just having a hard time deciding between the two. Thanks for the info.

renogaw

The Flame was added about 2 months after the CB....
IMO, the tank should be large with lots of LR for hideing and grazeing and escapeing for the combo to work in most cases...They will always be busy swimming in and out of the rock grazeing and most of the time never see each other, when mine do see each other, most of the time they dont react. When they do, its just a toying from the Flame and the CB sometimes turns around and faces the Flame away....all in a second or two, and then back to grazeing....

hate to ask a stupid question, but what do they graze on? what algae/plantlife do you keep in your tank?

joncat24

i have had a CB and a flame for over a year now together....I added a bi-color approx two months ago and all three get along very well in my 180.

dogstar

I dont keep any macro algeas but there are micro algaes from the lighting and they also feed from live rock organisiums.

renogaw

I dont keep any macro algeas but there are micro algaes from the lighting and they also feed from live rock organisiums.
so they just peck at your live rock?