coral beauty owners

Does anyone else have a coral beauty that is real picky on what it eats? I've fed mine flakes, brine shrimp, and blood worms. It will swim up and take all these foods but then it spits it back out. He must be eating something because it looks healthy and it is very active, all it does is swim back and forth across the tank all day. I've had it for a week, the lfs fed it blood worms. I see it occasionally bitting the brown algea on the glass or bitting at the live rock. What is it doing? Is it eating something? Should I be concerned that it isn't eating my food? Thanks.

mine eats like a hog ... but i also see him/her picking off the glass.
try looking for a food called (i believe) angel selects .. its a food made for angels with sponge in it
I hope it works out for you and good luck with your fish ;)

jagnmeg99

Just to let you know you are not alone (and I posted the same question about a month ago)...... mine took 5-6 days before I actually saw it eat and NOT spit it out, he may be eating of the rocks also, I noticed mine doing that.

tyrfing

Mine didn't eat a thing during his 3 week QT period. I would put seaweed selects in at night and by mid morning it would still be attached to the rock with no nibbles on it. Mysis and brine shrimp went untouched.
When I finally put him in the show tank, he was chased by my tang for three days, then started chowing down. Now he comes right to the glass whenever I walk by.
Why did it take so long? I have no idea. Point is, every one of the fish is different with a different personality. I guess being involved with SW fish has taught me to be cautious, not reactionary (not to say you are being reactionary). It's natural to be concerned about new fish (what kind of caretaker would you be if you weren't?), but sometimes it just takes time. :)

lnarobbins

my coral beauty pickes at the glass and rocks non stop at night before lights out I feed frozen angle formula not only does he devour it but all the other fish love it too
keep feeding various things it just might take awhile for the fish to realize that YOU are feeding it also
Alan

oze reefer

mine didn't eat well for the first week in the tank but now it eats anything as well as helping the foxface eating algae.......it actually does a really good job