Coral beauty/pygmy angel?

rldavisou

Kerriann already posted about a coral beauty and a flame angel, but what about a coral beauty and a pygmy? The guy at the lfs who normally is really knowledgeable and doesn't just try to make a sale said they are different from different genuses (geni?) so they wouldn't fight? I have a CB right now, but I love the pygmies too, and they have an awesome deal on them. I didn't buy one cause I wanted to come home and get some other opinions.

bradig

Both are from the Centropyge Genus. They will not get along in Theory unless the tank is really large. Over a hundred gallons. And you would probably need to add them at the same time. I love my pygmy angel. He is quite at home with my Yellow watchman goby, green clown goby, and false percula. They are housed in a 29 Gallon reef tank. no problems in over two years. The clownfish has been in there for over four.

anonome

I would have to say no, only becuse my coral beauty is the royal "bitch" in the tank. Has been in the tank for about 1 year. Any fish that I add is 100% guaranteed to be picked on by her.
Now, if you could seperate the cb in a qt, then maybe the pygmy might have a chance. This is only what I would do, since they are basicly from the same family.

rldavisou

Thanks for the replies, I'm kinda bummed out since those were pretty good looking angels. Better safe than sorry. I went with a sixline instead.