Coral beauty

jints

Been thinking about purchasing this fish for the last few weeks and in the meantime I have been researching. I plan on getting LPS in the future, 3 at most. Maybe some Zoos and Rics. So far its my understanding that the flame angel is more likely to nip at corals. Some say that with the coral beauty it is hit and miss and some say that they dont nip at all.
Im wondering if they should be added after corals or before. Im also wondering if they are hit and miss...if its even worth it at all. Any experiences??

srfisher17

Originally Posted by Jints
http:///forum/post/2690614
Been thinking about purchasing this fish for the last few weeks and in the meantime I have been researching. I plan on getting LPS in the future, 3 at most. Maybe some Zoos and Rics. So far its my understanding that the flame angel is more likely to nip at corals. Some say that with the coral beauty it is hit and miss and some say that they dont nip at all.
Im wondering if they should be added after corals or before. Im also wondering if they are hit and miss...if its even worth it at all. Any experiences??
I think all angels of this genus are hit & miss in reefs. You might want to post this in the reef section; I think you'll get more response. BTW; have you considered any of the reef safe wrasse? IMO, this is a great group of often over-looked fish that includes some of the prettiest fish on the reef; IMO.

chipie

This is my Coral beauty and my tank is full of different corals and it never touched anything.

J

jesses89

Ive owned 3 different coral beautys in about a 2 year span. None of them ever bothered any coral. First one died on me after about 6 months... second one my sister had to have so i gave it to her.. ive had the one i have now for like over 8 months? never touches any coral..