Coral Hitchhiker ID please.

I purchased a Kenya Coral tree in some live rock. It had a Xenia hitchhiker. I noticed to the left that another coral type thing is growing. I'm scared that its one of those pest anemones.

al&burke

If you have some aptasia X use it now, they take over my reef is riddled with them. If you don't have any of that take a syringe of real hot RO water and inject it. They will take over.

Thanks for the ID. I had none of the supplies above. :/ This rock was introduced last Saturday to my tank. It was the only growth I had seen on the rock. The only method I had was to pull that part of the rock out of the water and scrape it with an exacti knife. Not sure if that will be effective. I figure that if any is left, it might could still spread. It was really the only option I had for tonight. The closest LFS is a hour and half drive. :/

al&burke

Get some aptasia X and watch it like a hawk. Even give the area you scraped a squirt, shut your pumps and PH when you do this it is more effective. And leave them off for 1/2 an hour after you treat.

Thanks everyone for the help. I am going to order the apastia x and see if that helps. I haven't read much about the puffer fish. But I have a pair of clowns & coral beauty angelfish. That is really all I'm wanting to add to this tank.

al&burke

Good idea with the fish. You will be fine as long as you are diligent with the appies.
Good Luck

puffer666

had them in a 10 gal nano and i liked the new things that i got with live rock but the puffer had his way with it all all the snails, lil stars, dusters, and more.

One more hitchhiker question. I apologize. But I was doing a water change today & noticed this tentacle like thing sticking out of my live rock. It is very fluorescent looking with purple outlines along it. It seems to be moving.