Coral ID

ryanhayes9

WOW i never thought id see viper asking for an id lol.
honestly to me it looks like my small frogspawn head only bleached. They also have the same like hard stalk looking thing as yours.
where did u get it?

robsw

in my opinion it looks kinda like a dendro. EZ comp on -- has one. supposedly they are really rare. idk im probably wrong, but figured id take a shot.
HTH
Rob

poop_head

I looks like one my LFS has and called it like a firecracker coral. it looks like a sun coral almost, but I know that its not.

viper_930

Nope not a hammer or dendro. This one reaches about 4" wide.
By the way, I never said I don't know what it is.

Maybe this pic will help.

maelv

Okay, I am not into corals, trying to learn a bit, but to me it looks like a bubble tip anenome, but anenomes aren't corals....correct?

ryanhayes9

Originally Posted by maelv
Okay, I am not into corals, trying to learn a bit, but to me it looks like a bubble tip anenome, but anenomes aren't corals....correct?
no its not a bta. btas dont have that hard stalk looking thing

scotts

I don't know, but I think my wife spent $12 on that at the sushi place last night. She said it tasted great!

viper_930

Originally Posted by MX#28
Rhizotrochus typus
*Ding Ding Ding* MX#28 got it right!
Jerthunter, yep it's a deep-water coral from the Pacific.
I just picked this guy up today from a local shop. Another rare LPS to cross off my list. :joy:

whitetip*09

I love it when you post Viper, you allways puzzle us..and im glad we amuse you lol but keep crossing off those corals and keep us posted.

viper_930

Originally Posted by reefkprZ
tell me you didn't have to pay the $400+ that that can go for.
What if I did? :thinking:

MX, you win a nice thumbs up. In fact, I'll even give you two.