Coral Keepers 180 gallon reef diary.

coral keeper

Got a lobster for this 180 gallon. Its in my nano for now because the 180 isn't set up yet. Here are a few pictures.
Its a Hawaiian Red Reef Lobster.

coral keeper

Originally Posted by bill109
http:///forum/post/3012622
that lobster is sick.
makes me want one.
is it reef safe? how about with little reef fish?!
Yeah.
lol Get one! :p
Yup, its reef safe, but you can't keep them with shrimp. They will try to go after little reef fish but all little reef fish are super fast, so they don't go after fish. The person I got the lobster from had it in his nano reef with clown fish, and little wrasses and he said the lobster never bothered the fish. Just killed his shrimp. lol

nano reefer

great set up. i know the light you got, although the price is great, you are going to want to invest in better halide bulbs and a better ballast, because the included ballast is crap. i know for sure the ballasts can't run 14k phoenix bulbs.
are you going to set up a fuge, or stick with a regular sump?
i am interested to see how this will turn out, your nano tanks were great.

bill109

i see one downside with it killing shrimp.
while maybe never seeing the lobster in the day, from what i have read it likes to hunt mostly at night and will spend most of its day in a cave.
so while not seeing this lobster to much you cant have shrimp which are always super active.
although the lobster is very very cool i would keep it in a 2nd tank.
very nice find though!

coral keeper

Originally Posted by bill109
http:///forum/post/3013958
i see one downside with it killing shrimp.
while maybe never seeing the lobster in the day, from what i have read it likes to hunt mostly at night and will spend most of its day in a cave.
so while not seeing this lobster to much you cant have shrimp which are always super active.
although the lobster is very very cool i would keep it in a 2nd tank.
very nice find though!
I'll train it to come out during the day.

coral keeper

Here are a few pictures.
Foam on the floor.

Foam on the stand.

Tank on top of the stand.

The beast is getting filled with water!!