coral life

bighen

hi, im new here, new to the salt water thing , i benn dealing with fresh water for 5 years, and i think im ready for salt water
i need some one to explain to me wich coral dont get alone well, what fish and coral can i add together. please let me know and can some one check out that link to tell me what in this tank do you recognize.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wMh3oPuKW...elated&search=

fishieness

haha. you might wanna start with some more specific questions. we'd be here ALL night typing it all to you. why dont you tell us about your set up that you are planning to run or what fish you like. and we can give you suggestions on if they will work or even can giv eyou suggestions based on your set up and plans for the tank :)

socal57che

Originally Posted by BIGHEN
hi, im new here, new to the salt water thing , i benn dealing with fresh water for 5 years, and i think im ready for salt water
i need some one to explain to me wich coral dont get alone well, what fish and coral can i add together. please let me know and can some one check out that link to tell me what in this tank do you recognize.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=wMh3oPuKW...elated&search=
Rather than list each item in that tank individually I'd rather refer you to a book called The Conscientious Marine Aquarist by Robert Fenner. Excellent source of info for anyone interested in marine aquariums. If you search the SWF store you can find most everything that was displayed in that tank as well as compatibility and food requirement issues.

bighen

here is my list
Mushroom Polyp - Green Ricordea
Torch Coral
Green Carpet Anemone
Haddoni Carpet Anemone
Rose Bubble Tip Anemone
White Sebae Anemone
Crocea Clam - Gold
Derasa Clam - Orange
Maxima Clam - 1st Grade Blue
i have 180 gallon tank are these compatible or if not can you tell me what are

fishieness

yeah. the carpets may walk, so youd have to be careful, but if they stay put and nothign is touching anything you should be okay. also, most of those need very high lighting. id wait quite some time before thinking about clams or anemones.

fishycpa

They move around in the DT in order to get comfortable. Their comfort level is based primarily on lighting and waterflow. They will move around until they are comfortable, but even then, there will always be the possiblity of them moving or walking.