Coral order coming tomorrow! YAY!

lizzy

I have an order coming tomorrow with Mushrooms and zoas...these are my questions. On this website (swf.com) it says just to float corals and then put them into the tank. is this what everyone does or do you drip them? or if not how do you acclimate them? next question is if i want to glue them to a rock that is to big for me to take out of my tank...can i just stick some glue on them and then put them in or will that not work? I have two huge show pieces of rock that i want to put some coral on but there is no way i'm taking those things out. plus there are other rocks on top of them so i would have to take apart everything. How can i get coral to stay on them if i cant take them out? (rubberbanding isnt an option either...to big of a piece.)

nycbob

the shrooms and zoas will come on a piece of lr. the best way imo is use epoxy, but this will take 24 hours to bond underwater.

05xrunner

once again..corals do not need any acclimation. ESPECIALLY ones shipped they are in funk water so get them out of that..Pull them out in the air let them slim up for about 10sec or so and into the tank..well unless you want to dip them first for parasites. Acclimation is not needed

renogaw

corals i temp acclimate, zoos you'll want to freshwater dip (or even iodine dip) to make sure there arent any nudibranches on them--good luck if you see any eggs, you'll never get them off or kill them... just make sure you don't put the water in the bag into your tank.

sh2000

Whats so bad about Nudibranch ? How Long do you temp. acclimate when ordering from SWF.com?

lizzy

okay sounds good! i'm excited...it should be getting here any minute! (looking at watch) I hope it comes soon. i'd like to get it all done while my kids are napping. even though it may not be nessasary should i just do the iodine dip to everything? or just to the zoas?