coral questions??????????

fedukeford

im thinking about starting with low and medium light corals. should i get a PC or MH lighting?? how many watts per gallon do i need??? what corals are the easiest to take care of??

hot883

You will be able to do more with MH. I think the recommendation is 4-6 watts per gallon. I may be wrong, but thats whats stickin in my brain housing group. Ha! I have a 55 with 260w of PC. I just started myself and have fish, inverts and just added 2 colonies of zoo's

hot883

Not top of the line by any stretch, but bought on the auction site for $109 shipped. Buy the best that you can afford. These will do me for now but will limit my animal selection as stated earlier. These will work I am told on the softer corals. I always research though before I buy just to make sure. Anemones are often the first bought and 1st to die. Lack of experience and WATER QUALITY is the key most of the time.

fedukeford

ok thx im probley just gonna get the cheapest light i can find for low and medium light corals cuz im only 12 so i cant earn money very fast
so i always have to wait and wait and wait to get the expensive stuff
what kind of fish do you have in a 55 gallon?? mines a 55 gal too

key00west

at least 3 to 3.5 watts per gallon, corals require 3 main things, Good water quality,Good water flow, and Good lighting. hope that helps