Coral?

dipman6969

Is it a good idea to have coral in a 30 gallon tank. Pros and cons? Also, if I should, how much should I get?

teresaq1

what kind of coral.
live coral or dead.
for live it would depend on a lot of thing, do you have enought lights, water movement, and do you want them. look in the nano section people have corals in an2 gal tank.

jjlittle

What type of lighting do you have for corals need good lighting.Pros I would say a awesome looking tank, Cons you need to make sure your water is perfect at all times with no sudden changes, you will need expensive good lighting is a con & pro for the tank will look better under the nice lighting.As for how many corals you will need to take it slow some people pack a 30 gal but it takes time for you only want to add one piece at a time and weeks in between is best for the tank will need to get use to the load each time you add something. You will also need more chemical product food etc to care for the corals and I would suggest a couple good book for you to learn how to care for the corals and there needs.I would suggest doing more reseach and make sure this is what you want for it more time consumming to have reef tank.

ophiura

You also may have fewer fish in coral tanks. It requires a lot more attention to detail, and a larger investment in time and money, IMO, to keep corals healthy.