Coralife 125 skimmer

christog30

I just bought it and it has tons of micro bubbles does it take time before it breaks in. After it breaks in will these disappear? Any help? Thanks

lilchris

I had this problem w/ my skimmer. It took mine about a month and a half to get them to slow down. Then I couldn't get it down anymore. I called the company and a rep told me to get the pump as close to the surface of the water I think about an inch and a half under the water to see if it will slow the bubbles. It work for me, also you need to make sure you break it in for 72 hrs. (a must)

skywatcher

Mine took several days to break-in. Make sure the outlet tube does not go over an inch into the bubble diffuser. I have my bubble trap 1/4 inch above the water line and the black sponge a little above the top of the trap. My manual said to place the pump 4 inches below the water line but I would say no more than two inches below for best results.

fishieness

i have the 65 galon version. i found the best thing to do to the bubble difuser is
a: take off the hose that goes from the skimmer to the difuser. it is that kinky, plastic hose. you can jsut pull it right out.
B: and then have the bubble diffuser sticking a bit above the water, with the top foam piece coming up to cover the water coming out. this will reduce micro bubbles, let you adjsut the skimmer easier, and pulling it up will also help reduce sound of the splashing.