coralife lights

jerk

I have 90gal. tank with coralife lunar aqualights 2-65watt actinic,2-65watt-10000k,4-3/5watt lunar.I have in my tank
1-tang
2 clowns
3 firefish
1 flameangel
clam
ball coral
rose anemone
mushroom
leather coral
torch
open brain
bubble coral
Do I need more light for corals and if I add another fixture like the one I have is it to much light 520 watts?
:help: :help:

I don't think with pc's you have to worry about too much light. I am not sure another one of your fixtures will help in the way you want either. The fact is if you double the lights you have it will help give the corals in the top of the tank what they need but the pc's are only going to penetrate the water so far so on the bottom you might not be attaining near as much. I suppose another setup will not hurt you any but if you sriously want to go after corals needing more lights you might want to check out some other options in lighting out there.
Rich

saltfan

Originally Posted by jerk
I have 90gal. tank with coralife lunar aqualights 2-65watt actinic,2-65watt-10000k,4-3/5watt lunar.I have in my tank
1-tang
2 clowns
3 firefish
1 flameangel
clam
ball coral
rose anemone
mushroom
leather coral
torch
open brain
bubble coral
Do I need more light for corals and if I add another fixture like the one I have is it to much light 520 watts?
:help: :help:
Nope, won't be to much light, you'll still be under the 720w you should be running for the things you do have. But I don't think it will harm the inhabitants to much not running the full 720w. Remember one thing though, the Actinics you run, don't really add to the full lighting that you are running, they are just for looks..... You want to really do it up, run 2 250wMH and a couple of 130w Actinics in there. That will really look great, and your lighting needs will be met also.