Coralife Liquid Gold

shawnts106

sooo has anyone ever used Coralife Liquid Gold? says it has over 200 major, minor and trace elements and amino acids organic compouds etc... in it.... so just curious on everyones opinion, I got some just the other day and have started using it with Seachems Reef Complete or whichever one raises Ca and maintains Sr and Mb...
so what do all you Coralife/non-coralife users think about this product?

reefnut

There's really no secret how I feel about these types of products... IMO most are made to take our money. I will say the amino acids & "complex organic nutrients" will add to your nutrient load. Sounds like a good algae growth formula to me... jmo

T

tizzo

Not just YOUR opinion!! IMO too!! Suspension foods are not logical. It is not possible for your corals to consume every bit of it, and what they don't, breaks down to ammonia. I am not a fan of anything you hafta add "per gallon".

shawnts106

LOL, per gallon! haha
Well it says that it contains over 200 major minor and trace elements, plus the amino acids and such...
why would this be such a problem? I know excess algea growth, but I havent seen any excess algea growth yet, still early but none yet, and also, what about just useing this when you direct feed, by soaking the corals food in it, that way you get all those good things in the food itself and not in the water, minimizing the effect?
what do you think?

reefnut

Spend some time reading through the claims of the millions of products out there... simply not needed. Using it a few days surely isn't enough time to see the effects...
The amino acids would be good for the fish and such if you soaked it in the food but again, I see no point.